We're back! Actually, we've been back since Sunday, this being the first chance I've had to relay the events of our trip. As planned, Friday we left for Chicagoland, but not without delays, including late departure and treacherous weather. Mom and I settled in at my aunt's house and my dad at my grandparents'. Saturday morning, after very little sleep and some mean games of Canasta, my dad picked Mom and I up, and the three of us went to my grandparents. Two uncles, an aunt, my cousin, her husband, their two kids, and my grandparents all celebrated my grandfather's 85th birthday with us. Unfortunately, my nephew and sister both had severe temperatures so my sister's family did not join us. That didn't stop us from having a good time, though. My five-year old second cousin, Taylor, and her three-year old brother, Austin, kept me very entertained. After dinner, celebration, and visiting, my cousins and I went to the hotel and swam. It was really great to see everyone, and I look forward to (hopefully) spending more time with all of them this summer.
2 comments:
Hey Julia...I am glad you had a good weekend and got spend time with you family...I can't wait til' girl scouts today, I could however survive with my arm during the shoot...see ya later
Sarah
I'm glad you had a good time this weekend. It sounds like you had bunches of fun. Right now, I am soooooo busy in school (see my new post). Oh yeah, you made me jealous when you talked about swimming. That's the only thing I don't like about winter. I love to swim!!!!!!
Post a Comment