Today, I had my first piano lesson for this semester. It went well, and I'm really excited about the pieces I'm working on. Last semester I had so little time, I only played one song in the recital ("Away in a Manger Medley"). Regrettably, I wasn't very devoted to practicing, either. This semester, though, I'm hoping to change that. Even though when I was younger I didn't like playing (due to seemingly endless practicing) recently, I've fallen in love with it. I've been playing for approximately nine years, and whenever I master a hard piece, I feel a genuine sense of accomplishment. I love music, and it is inexplicably amazing to know that whenever I feel the desire, I have the ability to create my own. It also has taught me a lot about perseverance, hand-eye coordination, patience with myself and my weaknesses, and the ability to stretch my brain in different directions. As with the case of sports, (if you haven't already) I would encourage all of you to learn a musical instrument. It is a rewarding experience that can benefit you for the rest of your life and leave you with an irreplaceable sense of achievement.
1 comment:
I'm glad for you. I really would like to try learning piano, but I have so little time with school, church, and so much more. Also, I have already tried violin (3rd), recorder (3rd), and flute (9th), which all did not work out for me, so I am a little hestitant to learn another instrument, but who knows.
Post a Comment