Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I don't know about you, but I love Valentine's Day. The whole concept is fascinating to me. A day in which you spend telling (and more importantly, showing) people how much you care. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is my favorite holiday by far and Easter is a close second, but I think V-day can have a really special concept, if you let it. It's funny, though, because I know several people who don't like Valentine's Day. What I mean is, some people despise the holiday because they don't have "someone special" to share it with. Although, I'm sure having a boyfriend/girlfriend to share V-day with is great, in my opinion, you don't need someone else to make the holiday special for you. I've never had a "boy" valentine (other than family), but I have found that having a family member or friend as a valentine can be just as enjoyable. This V-day, I plan on reading or watching a good romance, while thinking about all of the special people I have in my life, and that suits me just fine. Maybe I'll even make a special meal for someone I love to show them how much they mean to me. The possibilities are endless, and in finding a way to like Valentine's Day, you or I could be touching someone else's lives in a very special way. So, today, or on Valentine's Days to come, if you're feeling sad that you don't have a valentine according to the world's definition, just remember that you can show anyone and everyone that you care. You might just find that it is a better and more fulfilling use of your time.

Want to tell someone else how much you care? Here's how to say "I Love You" in 40 different languages!! I thought this was really neat, so I wanted to share it with you...

Afrikaans: Ek is lief vir jou Albanian: Une te dua Arabic: Ana ba hibeck
Armenian: Yes kez serum em Chinese: Wo ai ni Coatian: Volim te
Czech: Miluji t" Danish: Jeg elsker dig, Dutch: Ik hou van jou
Eskimo (Inuktitut): Nagligivaget Farsi: Asheghetam French: Je t'aime
German: Ich liebe dich Greek: S'agapo Hawaiian: Aloha wau ia oe
Hebrew: Ani ohev otakh Hindi: Main tumse pyaar karta hoon
Indonesian: Aku cinta padamu Italian: Ti amo
Japanese: Ai shite imasu Korean: Sarang hae
Laotian: Koy huck jow Lebanese: Ana bahibik
Lithuanian: As tave myliu, Maori: Ka nui taku aoha mauu,
Nepali: Ma limilai maya garchu Norwegian: Jeg elsker deg
Persian: Du stet daram Portugese: Eu te amo Russian: Ya tebia lybly
Samoan: Ou te alofa ia te oe Spanish: Te amo Swedish: Jag alskar dig
Tagalog: Mahal kita Thai: Chun ruk ter, Turkish: Seni seviyorum,
Ukrainian: Ya tebe kohayu Vietnamese: Ahh yeu em
Welsh: Rwy'n dy garu Zulu: Meena tanda weena

Te amo!!

No comments:

More About Me

Current Obsessively Played Movie(s)
No Reservations
Phantom of the Opera
Pride and Prejudice (remake)

Current Favorite TV Shows
7th Heaven
Christy
Dancing With the Stars
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Full House
Little House on the Prairie
Little Men
Monk
Psych
and practically every show on the Food Network : )

Songs Obsessively Played on my iPod...
"Above All" - Michael W. Smith
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye
"Apologize (feat. One Republic)" - Timbaland
"Beautiful You" - Bebo Norman
"Butterfly Kisses" - Bob Carlisle
"He's My Son" - Mark Schultz
"I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" - Elvis Presley
"I'll Be" - Edwin McCain
"Jesus Freak" - dc Talk
"Kiss Me" - Sixpence None the Richer
"Love Addict" - Family Force 5
"My Heart Will Go On" - Celine Dion
"Only Hope" - Mandy Moore
"Our Song" - Taylor Swift
"Say" - John Mayer
"Somewhere Out There" from An American Tail
"Spiderwebs" - No Doubt
"Why Can't I?" - Liz Phair
"Wonderwall" - Oasis

I Also Listen To...
*Most Contemporary Christian Artists*
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
The Music Man (remake) Soundtrack
Newsies Soundtrack
The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack
Carrie Underwood
Everlife
Jonas Brothers : )
MercyMe
Rascal Flatts
Switchfoot
Taylor Swift
...and probably many more that are currently being forgotten.