Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Have You Ever Eaten Gator?

Weird question I know, but yesterday, I ate alligator. It sounds gross, but it really wasn't that bad. After breakfast, which did not consist of gator, my dad and I went on a walk and took some pictures. By the time we returned to the house, it was time to leave for the Cincinnati Reds baseball spring training game. Yup, that's right! We went to a spring training game! Sadly, it was the Reds, so it wasn't as exciting as a Chicago Cubs game would have been, but it was still fun. Unfortunately, we left after the fourth inning because it began to rain quite a bit. Next, we went and ate the infamous gator at the Linger Lodge RV Resort. The resort had an interesting, rather weird restaurant that served fried and grilled gator. http://www.lingerlodgeresort.com/ I had something else, but I did taste the fried alligator. It tasted a lot like chicken, although there was an unappetizing aftertaste and the thought itself was rather distasteful. You can check out the menu at http://www.lingerlodgeresort.com/menu1-11-2007.pdf. We finished dinner and drove up to our friends' daughter's house. After visiting with her and her family, we made our last stop, Big Olaf Creamery. There are many Mennonites living in this area and we see them riding their bicycles every time we drive through their area. Big Olaf's is an ice cream parlor run by the Mennonites. It has amazing homemade ice cream, and I enjoyed a humungous cone. Overall, it was a really nice day, with lots of good (and weird) food and pleasant company. I'm impatiently waiting to see you. Those who I won't see when I get home, I'm missing you more than ever.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

No, but I've eaten frog legs. They were really good (tasted just like chicken). I'm still extremely busy at school with all my papers and such, but it sounds like you're having a great time. Can't wait to see you when you return!

More About Me

Current Obsessively Played Movie(s)
No Reservations
Phantom of the Opera
Pride and Prejudice (remake)

Current Favorite TV Shows
7th Heaven
Christy
Dancing With the Stars
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Full House
Little House on the Prairie
Little Men
Monk
Psych
and practically every show on the Food Network : )

Songs Obsessively Played on my iPod...
"Above All" - Michael W. Smith
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye
"Apologize (feat. One Republic)" - Timbaland
"Beautiful You" - Bebo Norman
"Butterfly Kisses" - Bob Carlisle
"He's My Son" - Mark Schultz
"I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" - Elvis Presley
"I'll Be" - Edwin McCain
"Jesus Freak" - dc Talk
"Kiss Me" - Sixpence None the Richer
"Love Addict" - Family Force 5
"My Heart Will Go On" - Celine Dion
"Only Hope" - Mandy Moore
"Our Song" - Taylor Swift
"Say" - John Mayer
"Somewhere Out There" from An American Tail
"Spiderwebs" - No Doubt
"Why Can't I?" - Liz Phair
"Wonderwall" - Oasis

I Also Listen To...
*Most Contemporary Christian Artists*
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
The Music Man (remake) Soundtrack
Newsies Soundtrack
The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack
Carrie Underwood
Everlife
Jonas Brothers : )
MercyMe
Rascal Flatts
Switchfoot
Taylor Swift
...and probably many more that are currently being forgotten.