Yesterday was another eventful day. We began the morning with a leisurely breakfast and interesting conversation. After showers, my parents and I went to the Mote Aquarium and saw sea turtles, dolphins, tons of fish, a giant (conserved) squid, manatees, sharks, and much more. We also watched three educational (and surprisingly interesting) movies, two of which were interactive. You played a game that corresponded with the video that you were watching on the big screen. Everyone had their own screen and how you played impacted what was happening in the video. The first game centered upon the ocean food chain. You worked your way up to the top of the chain, the Great White Shark. Once you reached that level, you gained more points by eating as many prey as you can. Surprisingly, I ranked first place out of all the other players. The second interactive game centered upon finding a lost dolphin in the ocean. In that challenge, I ranked 3 out of 31. After we were done at the aquarium, we met our friends at St. Armands Circle and went shopping at some really nice stores. There was also a beautiful park right in the middle of the Circle, dotted with statues. We wrapped up our shopping trip, left the St. Armands Key, and headed to the beach on Lido Key. There, we ate snacks, took pictures, and watched the sunset. The day ended with dinner, desert, and a mean game of Totally 80's Trivial Pursuit. Needless to say, I was terrible, but it was a lot of fun. Sarasota is beautiful and I can't wait for today's adventures to begin. Of course, I miss my family and friends. You seem so far away, yet you are always close to my heart. I will see all of you soon.
1 comment:
It sounds like you are having soooo much fun. I envy you! Well, life back here is the same as always. :( School, school, more school, papers, papers, and more papers. You get the picture. Well, I hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment